Rodriguez had been on the 45-day disabled list and was out for the fist two weeks of this season, after tearing her ACL in last year’s opening game for FC Kansas City. Rodriguez practiced with the team on Thursday ahead of Saturday’s inaugural home opener, before being officially removed from the injury report on Friday.
But while there’s now a chance Rodriguez could play on Saturday, there’s also a chance she might not. Much like the situation with Kealia Ohai and the Houston Dash, being removed from the injury report doesn’t necessarily mean that player will play immediately — but it’s a step closer to seeing time.
Other notable updates in the Week 3 injury report:
- Chicago Red Stars forward Yuki Nagasato, who missed the first two weeks with a left hamstring strain, has been removed from the injury report.
- Portland Thorns FC midfielder Tobin Heath (ankle surgery) has been upgraded to questionable.
- Utah Royals FC defender Kelley O’Hara (left hamstring strain) has been upgraded to questionable.
- North Carolina Courage midfielder Sam Mewis (right knee strain) has also been upgraded to questionable.
- Washington Spirit defender Rebecca Quinn (right TFL muscle strain) is out.