U.S. Soccer, a partner of the NWSL in developing the women’s game in the United States, has announced a Girls Fantasy Camp this August in Los Angeles, Calif. The Camp, hosted at the U.S. Soccer National Training Center in Carson from August 1-4 around the Tournament of Nations, is a special fundraiser and an exclusive opportunity for girls to live and train like Youth National Team players.
Camp proceeds will support the U.S. Soccer Development Fund, with an emphasis on need-based scholarships for both Girls’ and Boys’ Development Academy players. Launched in 2015, U.S. Soccer Fantasy Camps have fundraised more than $215,000 to help develop world-class players, coaches and National Teams.
The inaugural Tournament of Nations will feature national teams and NSWL stars from four countries: Australia, Brazil, Japan and the United States. Fantasy Camp participants will have VIP behind-the-scenes access to the tournament doubleheaders on August 3rd. Fantasy Camp includes:
- On-field tickets to U.S. WNT v. Japan and Australia v. Brazil on Thursday, August 3
- Pregame VIP stadium tour, including access to the U.S. WNT locker room
- Daily training sessions led by former U.S. WNT players at U.S. Soccer’s National Training Center
- Behind-the-scenes access to the U.S. WNT camp
- Hotel accommodations and all meals
- Honorary one-year membership in the Supporters Circle of the Development Fund
- Customized U.S. Soccer jersey, training apparel and more
- Ground transportation, including airport transfers if needed
The Girls Fantasy Camp is open to girls of all skill levels born in the years 2003, 2004 and 2005. Participation is made possible through a $3,395 donation to the U.S. Soccer Development Fund. U.S. Soccer is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and approximately 50% of your donation is tax deductible.
Space is very limited for the Camp with a roster size comparable to that of a National Team and filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-528-1220.