NWSL Media, LLC
LAST REVISION: April 10, 2017
- Does NWSL Collect Any Information About Users Under Age 13?
- Does NWSL Collect Any Information About Users Age 13 and Older?
- How Does NWSL Collect Information?
- How Does NWSL Use the Information NWSL Collects?
- How Does NWSL Share Your Information with Third Parties?
- How Does NWSL Share Information with Third-Party Internet-Based Advertising Companies?
- What About Information Shared on Community Services?
- Does NWSL Use De-Identified Information?
- How Does NWSL Maintain and Secure the Personal Information NWSL Collects?
- Does NWSL Use Web Beacons/Pixel Tags?
- What Happens with Do Not Track Requests?
- Links or Usage of Third Party Websites/App Stores
- For California Residents Only
- Governing Law/Jurisdiction
- Opt-Out of NWSL Communications
- How to Contact NWSL
Does NWSL Collect Any Information About Users Under Age 13?
NWSL does not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under the age of 13, unless explicitly stated on a Site, and unless stated therein, all the Sites are directed at persons 13 years of age or older. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, or the legal age of contract majority, and have authorized your child to use your computer, NWSL urges you to instruct your child never to give out his or her real name, address, phone number, email address or other personally identifying information while on the Sites. There are no computer applications on the Sites which allow for the determination of your age. If NWSL discovers that personal information of a child under 13 has been collected without parental or guardian consent, NWSL will take reasonable steps to delete this information. All information volunteered to NWSL will be treated the same as information given by an adult. NWSL recommends that the Internet browsing behavior of any child should be carefully supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
Does NSWL Collect Any Information About Users Age 13 and Older?
General Information Collected
To enhance the content contained on or in the Sites, NWSL may gather and store certain general information about your visit. “General Information” is information about you or your activities through which you cannot be identified. This information may include some or all of the following items:
- The Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) and/or your computer, if it has its own static IP address. The domain name may also be collected. Your IP location information may be used during your visit to the Sites to serve you location specific information or advertisements for goods or services available in your specific location, however, such information will not be collected or maintained by NWSL except in aggregate or generic form.
- The date, time, length of stay and specific NWSL web pages, images, videos, documents or forms accessed by you at such Sites, including videos or content you watch or interact with.
- Whether you are viewing any of the Sites for the first time, or are a return visitor.
- The Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website or advertisement that referred you to any of the Sites.
- The search engine that referred you and any search strings or phrases entered into the search engine to find any of the Sites.
- Demographic information concerning your country of origin and language(s) used.
- The type and version of the Internet browser used to visit any of the Sites, the operating system on your computer or device and information regarding errors when viewing any of the Sites.
- Pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
NWSL collects this General Information and may use it to generate generic or aggregate statistics about visitors to and users of the Sites. In situations where it is possible to do so, General Information may be linked to Personal Information.
Personal Information Collected
“Personal Information” is information through which you can be identified. Providing your Personal Information to NWSL is your choice. NWSL maintains one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may keep such information indefinitely.
To participate in the various services provided on the Sites, NWSL ask for Personal Information, which may include your full name and email address. NWSL also may collect other information, your first name (no last name), city and/or state, and country, which NWSL considers Personal Information only if combined with any of the items of Personal Information listed in the first sentence of this Section. NWSL explains below how NWSL will use this information.
The Sites may include social media features, including links to share, post or link NWSL’s content through your accounts with third party social media services. If you choose to interact with social media features on or from the Sites, or if you are logged in to your social media accounts while using the Sites, social media services may collect information about your use of the Sites. Information collected by third party social media services is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties, not NWSL.
NWSL may collect your social media username or ID, social media plug-in information, and URL clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time). Information collected by social media sites may include names, titles or descriptions of videos or content viewed through your use of the Sites. Your use of the Sites and any third party social media services constitutes your agreement and consent to the collection and use of information about the videos and content you view through the Sites.
Third Party Advertising
Third Party Analytics
How Does NWSL Collect Information?
Your information is collected from NWSL’s Sites, through email and/or through online applications or forms you complete, requests for Newsletters, requests for NWSL or Site information, entering sweepstakes or prize promotions, taking surveys, reporting problems, information you volunteer to NWSL, and through any of your other activities with NWSL. The Personal Information that NWSL collects depends on the nature of your activities.
For example, NWSL collect your information via the Contact and Newsletter sections of the Sites. NWSL also collect information regarding your device, including GPS location when you use the Sites and associated services from your mobile device if your device has location services enabled. NWSL also collects an identifier, device type, IP address, phone, browser type and version, time zone, browser plug-ins and versions, operating system and device platform.
How Does NWSL Use the Information NWSL Collects?
Personal Information you volunteer is used by NWSL for internal verification, to complete requested transactions, to ensure appropriate legal use of NWSL’s goods and/or services, to provide you notification about updates to the Sites, goods and services and to help provide you with technical support for the Sites.
For example, NWSL uses the information it collects about you to:
- Solicit your feedback about the Sites;
- Communicate with you regarding messages you enter into the Contact form;
- Deliver goods and services you request, purchase or subscribe for;
- Enable NWSL to provide, improve and maintain the Sites, including administration and internal operations such as data usage and analysis, research, testing, and troubleshooting;
- Keep the Sites safe and secure;
- Administer promotional programs;
- Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information and content, goods and services, that NWSL feels may interest you, including internet-based or online advertisements, newsletters, brand or company promotions, re-targeted advertisements displayed on third party websites, and promotions, contests, and sweepstakes offered in partnership with third parties;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising NWSL and third party partners serve to you and others; and
- Comply with administrative, regulatory and legal requirements.
How Does NWSL Share Your Information with Third Parties?
NWSL may share information about you, including your Personal Information, with third parties, including to:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors to the extent necessary to assist NWSL in providing and maintaining the Sites. For example, NWSL may hire companies to help provide products or services, like a shipping company that may deliver packages, a marketing company that may deliver NWSL’s Newsletters, a financial partner that assists in the completion of transactions you request, a prize may be provided by a third-party fulfillment company, or any other third party that is needed to assist in the completion of transactions or the provision of goods or services you request. Others include data processors, marketers, and customer service providers;
- Service providers and business partners who supplement information NWSL collects with additional information about visitors or users of the Sites and who help NWSL better connect with NWSL’s intended audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers aid NWSL in the improvement and optimization of the Sites;
- National Women’s Soccer League, LLC, A&E Television Networks, LLC and Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, to promote the sport of soccer and other things that NWSL believes may interest you;
- Any of NWSL’s parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with NWSL; and
- To any other third party with your consent to do so.
NWSL may also disclose your Personal Information:
- In response to judicial or governmental subpoenas, warrants or orders served on NWSL;
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, or dissolution of NWSL; or
- A petition for relief is filed under U.S. Bankruptcy laws for or against NWSL or if NWSL becomes subject to an order of appointment of a trustee or receiver.
How Does NWSL Share Information with Third-Party Internet-Based Advertising Companies?
NWSL may share information about you, including your Personal Information, with third-party Internet-based advertising companies. This information is used to help such advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. This information is also used to assist such advertisers and advertising networks in selecting and serving relevant advertisement to you.
You may opt out of third-party interest-based advertising, by visiting www.networkadvertising.org and www.aboutads.info/choices for details on how to do so. Additionally, users of mobile devices can follow the below instructions:
Open your Google Settings app from your app drawer, tap “Ads” and select “Opt out of interest-based ads.”
Google Account Users
For opting out via Google, regardless of device: See Google’s instructions for how to do click on the following – Google Ads Help.
Open the Settings app, select “Privacy,” scroll to the bottom and select “Advertising,” and tap to turn on “Limit Ad Tracking.”
What About Information Shared on Community Services?
NWSL may make message boards, blogs, and other community services available to you on the Sites. Please understand that any information that is disclosed by you in these areas becomes public information. When you disclose such information on a message board, blog or any other public forum, you do so at your own risk. NWSL has no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information or any other information about yourself. The information presented in these areas reflects the views of the individual users or hosts and does not necessarily reflect the views of NWSL. NWSL reserves the right (but has no obligation) to monitor the use of message boards, blogs or other public forums on the Sites.
Does NWSL Use De-Identified Information?
How Does NWSL Maintain and Secure the Personal Information NWSL Collects?
We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct such data at your request if it is inaccurate or delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you wish to request the correction or deletion of such data, you may contact NWSL by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
NWSL Media, LLC
Attn: Privacy Request
1556 S. Michigan Ave., Floor 2
Chicago, Illinois 60605
Attn: General Manager
Please note in order to protect the security of your information, you will be required to properly identify yourself before NWSL can process such a request.
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to NWSL and NWSL will take reasonable measures to protect it, including measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, and disclosure. These security measures include, for example, internal reviews of NWSL’s data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where NWSL store personal data.
When the use of a NWSL web page or app involves the transmission of Personal Information, NWSL may use Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology to establish a secure connection between your computer or device and NWSL and/or the Sites. NWSL may also allow the transmission of encrypted information from your computer or device to NWSL and back again.
NWSL reserves the right to monitor all network traffic to the Sites to identify and/or block unauthorized attempts or intrusions to upload or change information or cause damage to any of the Sites in any manner. Anyone using any of the Sites expressly consents to such monitoring.
Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or which is stored on a computer connected to the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so while NWSL strives to protect your personal information, NWSL cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you voluntarily give to us.
When you visit or use the Sites, NWSL may place a cookie in a file directory on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device to uniquely distinguish your visit to a website or use of an online service or mobile application. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit and your registration information. Cookies may offer you many conveniences for NWSL’s Sites and allow NWSL to recognize certain information, such as your browser type, so NWSL knows if you can view certain plug-ins or extensions. They also allow NWSL to streamline your visit to the Sites based on your previous visits.
You may also be able to reset or restrict the advertising cookies contained on your device or in your internet browser by accessing the privacy settings for such device and/or browser. Please follow the instructions contained in your browser’s help file, or by contacting the company providing your browser’s or mobile device’s technical support to do so, such as Apple for iOS devices.
You may configure your browser or device to accept or deny cookies from the Sites. However, disabling or denying cookies from the Sites may render parts of them inaccessible or may cause certain web pages or parts of the app not to properly load. There are also several services and websites which allow you to visit websites, including the Sites, anonymously. Again, you may not be able to access or use all of the content or services available on the Sites if you use these anonymizing services or websites. If you change computers or browsers or devices, or use multiple computers or browsers or devices or delete NWSL’s cookies, you will need to repeat this process for each computer, each browser, and each device.
Does NWSL Use Web Beacons/Pixel Tags?
NWSL may use “Web Beacons,” sometimes referred to as “pixels,” “clear gifs,” or “web bugs,” which is another way (instead of cookies) to help personalize your experience on the Sites. Web Beacons are typically invisible to you and are generally embedded in very small clear graphics files. “Pixel Tags” are small strings of computer code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or other medium. Pixel Tags allow NWSL or a third party who serves the Pixel Tag, to set, read, and modify some of NWSL’s cookies.
NWSL may use Web Beacons and Pixel Tags to monitor certain non-personally identifiable information about you, including the URL of the page from which the Web Beacon or Pixel Tag originated, the type of browser used, the IP address of your computer and the time you viewed the Web Beacon or Pixel Tag. NWSL may also use Web Beacons and Pixel Tags to assist NWSL’s third-party advertising and/or content companies in providing the content they believe you want to see. Web Beacons and Pixel Tags are also used to allow such third parties to determine how many people view the advertisements and/or click through, and to assist in serving and managing advertisements and content. While Web Beacons and Pixel Tags do not collect Personal Information, the information collected by them may be used in conjunction with Cookies to identify aggregate information about users of the Sites.
What Happens with Do Not Track Requests?
NWSL does not currently have the capabilities to recognize the Do Not Track signals from Internet browsers. Therefore, any selection you make within your Internet browser will not be applied to the Sites. For more information regarding Do Not Track you can visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
Links or Usage of Third Party Websites/App Stores
The Sites may contain links to third-party websites. NWSL has no control over the privacy practices or the content of such third-party websites. Neither NWSL, nor any of its officers, directors, partners, employees, agents, representatives, vendors or suppliers are responsible for the content, privacy policies, products, services, reliability, viewpoint or accuracy of information on any such websites. NWSL does not control and is not responsible for the collection of personal information by third party websites, including websites owned or controlled by NWSL’s preferred financial partners, advertisers, vendors and/or websites not controlled by NWSL.
For California Residents Only – Please Read
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your personal information with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your personal information to NWSL, you may request information about NWSL’s disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to NWSL at one of the following addresses: email@example.com or
NWSL Media, LLC
Attn: NWSL Media Counsel
California Privacy Rights
c/o A+E Networks
235 East 45th Street
New York, New York 10017
Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, NWSL will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. NWSL reserves its right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this Section, requests not labeled or sent properly, or requests that do not have complete information.
Opt-Out of NWSL Communications
You may choose to opt-out of receiving electronic communications from us. To opt-out of electronic communications from NWSL, please contact NWSL at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Opt-Out Email Communications”) to request that you be unsubscribed from any of NWSL’s marketing emails. You should provide your name and email address(es) to us, so that NWSL can do its best to ensure that you stop receiving such communications from us.
How to Contact NWSL
NWSL Media, LLC
Attn: NWSL Media Counsel
c/o A+E Networks
235 East 45th Street
New York, New York 10017
© 2017 NWSL Media, LLC — All Rights Reserved.
Updated: April 10, 2017