We are pleased to share the blanket waiver the NCAA has provided all Division I women’s soccer players for 2021 has been approved. The waiver allows DI student-athletes to register for the 2021 NWSL Draft and then, if drafted, have until Friday, January 22, 2021 to decide if they plan to report to an NWSL team on February 1 to begin preseason or, if they plan to play collegiately in the spring season and then report to NWSL.
*Per the NCAA waiver, players may compete in the 2021 spring collegiate season if they choose.
In order to be eligible for the 2021 NWSL Draft, a player must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, or a foreign national who is currently enrolled at a University in the United States or was enrolled at a University in the United States during the fall 2020 semester (or quarter), and;
- Be a player who has exhausted, lost, or renounced their remaining NCAA eligibility, including high school graduates choosing to forego college, and;
- Be at least 18-years old by the conclusion of the 2021 NWSL season (November 21, 2021), and;
- Not be under a current professional contract nor have previously signed a contract to play professionally; and;
- Register for the 2021 NWSL Draft by 8:00 pm ET on Monday, January 11, 2021.
We encourage all players who might want any opportunity to play in the NWSL in 2021, to register.
To register for the 2021 NWSL Draft please visit: https://nwsl.formstack.com/forms/2021_nwsl_draft_registration_form