The National Women’s Soccer League issued the following news release on Monday:
CHICAGO (Oct. 23, 2017) – The National Women’s Soccer League’s (NWSL) announced today that eight players are available on the Re-Entry Wire as part of the End of Season Process.
The complete list of players (see below) was distributed to all ten teams in advance of the release of the Re-Entry Wire today at 1 p.m. ET. Teams have until Tuesday, Oct. 24 at 1 p.m. ET to claim a player.
In the event a player is requested by more than one team, that player will be awarded to the team at the top of the Waiver Tie-Break Order. Once a team claims a player via the waiver tie-breaker, it is moved to the bottom of the order for all future waiver sessions for the remainder of the offseason.
Name | Club
- McKenzie Berryhill | Orlando Pride
- Jocelyn Blankenship | Orlando Pride
- Kelly Conheeney | Houston Dash
- Line Sigvardsen Jensen | Washington Spirit
- Kendall Johnson | Portland Thorns FC
- Natasha Kai | Sky Blue FC
- Jordan O’Brien | Orlando Pride
- Stephanie Ochs | North Carolina Courage
In addition, the following players have indicated that they are retiring and will not be included in today’s Re-Entry Wire: Nora Holstad (North Carolina Courage), Elli Reed (Seattle Reign FC) and Madalyn Schiffel (Seattle Reign FC).
If a player decides to come out of retirement and return to the League, their rights are maintained by their most recent club.